Sunday, August 1, 2010

Letter 1: Norway here I come.

Dear Readers,
Thursday, August 12, I will be boarding a plane and flying across the Atlantic Ocean and arrive at my new home for the next 10 months, OppegÄrd, Norway. I'll be going through the Rotary Youth Exchange program and an exchange student. It has been my dream for a long time and I'm excited that it's finally coming true!
Every time I think about leaving I'm met with a variety of emotions. I'm incredibly excited for this adventure to start. It's been such a long process to get to this point, and I'm just ready to hop on the plane and leave! At the same time, I'm terribly nervous. The thought of leaving everything I have ever known behind excites me, but it also scares me a bit. I'm nervous about having to make all new friends when I don't even know the language. I'm nervous about having to fit into a new family. Don't get me wrong, I've talked to all 3 of my families, and I think they will be wonderful, but it will still be a lot of work to fit into a family that I've never met before. I'm not going to worry to much. It wont do me any good. I'm just going to deal with the problems once they happen, a "roll with the punches" approach.
This blog will kind of be my update to the masses. I'm going to try my hardest to update this every-other week, or when something exciting happens.

Sincerely,
Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment