Tuesday, August 31, 2010

letter 5: My biking adventure.

Just like I said I would do, last night I brought along my camera with me on my bike ride!

Everytime I go on a bikeride, it's an adventure. I'm never really 100% sure where I'm going, but I somehow always manage to get back home. Anyways, last night I decided to take a longer bike ride and go to the beach. (I tried to do this another time, but I ended up turning around and having to bike all the way up the MONSTEROUS hill that I had just sped down.) I found the beach and decided to sit on a rock and write in my journal, and then take a few photos. It was getting a little dark, and not knowing how long it was going to take me to get back home, I decided to leave. The scenery on the way back was BEAUTIFUL! I thought about hanging my camera around my neck and taking photos while I was biking, but I decided that I were to fall, my camera would most likely be shattered into many pieces. That bike ride was a perfect ending to my not-so-fantastic day. It reminded me of why I love Norway, and how awesome of an opportunity this is.

On top of that, when I got home, and after I showered, my host mom made me waffles!! They were SO good!


here are the photos:
(the view from the bike trail)
(the beach)
(this is how I ROLL)
(waffles! with blueberry and raspberry jam)

2 comments:

  1. You have heart shaped waffles too :)
    And the thing about your mom writing on the lunch is so cute haha

    I tried to pack my sandwich in paper instead of a container today....but I had to wrap electrical tape around the paper to keep it shut, and then put it in a bag. I think i did something wrong :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha! mine is wrpped in somekind of thin white paper, i'll find out how she wraps it and show you next week!

    ReplyDelete